Mistaken Identity

I am one with this wood.  I smell like the trees, I rub on their trunks, they smell like me.  The hares know nothing, and I take no delight in watching their eyes widen in fear and then  dim as death  swiftly carries them away.  I feel their hearts  beating furiously as they hang in my jaws, I bless their sacrifice, I consume their warm flesh.

I do  not remember how  many moons have passed through the boughs of the forest since  my last encounter, but I sense the painmaker hastening through the wood once more. I want to run, to outpace her, to stay hidden - but time the last she  had urgency  and my heart  was torn.  Perhaps  I will listen once  more to her tale of woe, give what aid I deem necessary, and keep to  the wood.  I have not done well in keeping myself hidden amongst the...

The scent is  not the painmaker, but the sense is... something is not right. I know not what this creature is, but-
'Hold, Kaliadra...'
-It is  the one from long ago.  The winged one.  His armor is missing.  He  is thin.  He smells horrible... stale and burned.
'...I  need your help.  It's  Sanria.  I need  to take her home.'
-I  cannot fight  the urge to run... I sense my mistake, I can feel the  painmaker  through a rush of magic... she is far away.  Why is this one here...

'No.  You will not run from me.  You will help me, whether you wish it or not.'
-I  am unable to move... magic... powerful... he's driving my own transformation... how is this possible... how...
"Now, Lady  Kaliadra... you may use your tongue.  Tell me, how did  you get  to my home.  Leave no truths untold, for if I have to seek your mind, you will be punished."
"What... has happened... to you?  So cruel..."
"Life.  Gilean.  Love.  Now  that you know, let's start at the beginning."